WHY WE EXIST
Global Clinical Engineering Alliance
In the last 15 years, Clinical Engineering experienced an amazing growth of international interactions.
In 2015, the I International Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Management Congress ICEHTMC was promoted, and additional initiatives dedicated only to clinical engineering subjects followed: the Clinical Engineering Day, the Global Clinical Engineering Journal, and the Global Clinical Engineering Summit.
In October 2020, during CE day, it was announced the creation of the Global Clinical Engineering Alliance – GCEA with a mission to serve the international community of Clinical Engineering professionals by promoting research and sharing best practices through collaboration with healthcare stakeholders.
Click here to read our:Bylaws | Constitution | First Annual Report
GCEA was created to:
- Empower and recognize the Clinical Engineering profession for its unique contribution to improving healthcare delivery outcomes.
- Serve the interests of patients and care providers everywhere by leveraging alliances of limited resources available in and around the Clinical Engineering profession.
- Combine strengths and jointly leverage national associations to address shared healthcare challenges.
- Provide international professional networking between and across healthcare stakeholders, associations, policy makers, global agencies, academia, government, and industry.
- Prepare Clinical Engineering professionals for career opportunities through harmonization and promotion of adequate Clinical Engineering education, proper competence, and ethical training.
- Provide a platform to identify, educate, contribute to, and share best practices, technical guidelines, and regulations related to healthcare technologies.
- Promote Clinical Engineering understanding of healthcare technology lifecycles, development, and commercialization and participate in publishing outcomes from their involvement in these cycles.
- Educate the public about the importance that the role of Clinical Engineering practitioners fulfills in public health, safety, and welfare.